Our measures with regard to the coronavirus
Dear SERCOM relation,
The current circumstances of the Corona virus affect our day-to-day activities very profoundly. Our industry is also going through very difficult times at the moment and many of us are noticing the serious consequences. We hope, with you, that we will all get through these hard times and we will, after this has ended, be well, both in business and in particular in terms of health.
The management of SERCOM has also decided to take measures with regard to the functioning of our employees and we would like to inform you of the following:
- As of Tuesday, March 16, the majority of our staff will work from home. They all have access to the SERCOM network and can continue to carry out most of the work as usual;
- A limited number of people will be present at our office in Lisse during normal working hours. The telephone will also be answered normally and you can be put in touch with the employee in question, if you wish;
- Production continues, albeit in an adapted form. We do not yet expect any delays in our delivery times. We are, however, dependent on some of our suppliers. If you have any questions, you can, of course call us to verify this;
- Suppliers can continue to deliver their products. Someone will be present during normal office hours to receive the goods;
- Our technicians will temporarily contact you in advance by appointment for maintenance or updates to enable you to take possible measures to avoid social contacts with your staff, as much as possible;
- All planned courses at our office in Lisse have been postponed until further notice. We assume that these will take place at a later stage.
We trust that you will understand these measures and we hope that we will get through this very unpleasant and drastic period, as soon as possible.
On behalf of the management of SERCOM,
Jan-Willem Lut and André van Rooyen